American Apparel is a vertically-integrated manufacturer and retailer of stylish, casual clothing for young metropolitan adults. American Apparel is the largest garment manufacturer in the United States. All manufacturing is done at the company's facilities in Los Angeles, principally at its downtown Los Angeles factory and headquarters. The company employs more than 5,000 people and operates over 150 retail locations in 11 countries.
Challenge:The primary challenge was simple – increase sales of the American Apparel store via display and search marketing online. In early 2005, American Apparel’s brand footprint was still relatively niche, the primary target audience was elusive - young, hip and urban.
- Propelled American Apparel to #1 spot for Retailers
- 500MM impressions a month in Online Display & SEM
- Consistently 30% below CPA targets, and exceeding revenue targets for the online store each month.
- 40% of online store revenue directly resulting from online advertising efforts.
- Increased brand awareness of American Apparel through the massive branding/impressions generated each month – equating to spot TV- at a fraction of the cost.